Thursday, March 12, 2009

What the boys were up to today.

Isn't this some pretty country? Way off in the distance Jeremy and Paul were loading telephone poles. We were given permission to take the remaining poles from a telephone line that has been there forever. I am not even sure if it was ever used and over the years people cut them down and took them but this stretch of poles was on Tejon land so they were never taken. This is only about two miles from our place.

Can you guess which horse this is? Just in case you don't know him the horse is Ojos, 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover Finalist. There is a whole page dedicated to their journey on our website www.jbcattleco.com Jeremy thought he would be perfect for the job at hand. Some of the poles were up on hills way away from the road and instead of tearing up good pasture with the truck, and some places you couldn't even get the truck, he used Ojos to drag the poles down to the road and then him and Paul would load them in the trailer. Of course I didn't get pictures of them working cause I was off sipping ice tea in town. I am such a trooper, I tell ya! They parked up on top and worked their way down. Paul would drive the truck and Jeremy on the horse.

Did I mention that I ran off to town to have lunch and do some shopping? Did I mention a phone call I got about a certain couple of guys that wanted me to pick up some beer? I get home to find this..........then to our relief Uncle Bill pulls up and says "quite a predicament, huh?" Thankfully he offered to unhook his trailer and pull our truck out. It wouldn't have happened but the 4-wheel drive has not been working on the ol dodge for quite some time now. And my husband reminds me regularly that he is a horse trainer not a mechanic. ARGH!

Bill Perez and Bobby Linn had been out doing some work around here today were heading out at just the right time!




No comments: