Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mr. Studmuffin is not happy!

This is our stallion, Cody. He is the horse that I ride most often and father of the two colts that Jeremy and I rode at our last clinic. He is a very easy stallion to have around. I mean as far as stallions go. Really I wish I would have gelded him a long time ago. I just love riding him, he is athletic, willing and kind, but none the less still a stud. And now that the kids are riding alot it is hard for me to ride with them. I worry too much............
That is his normal "home" up by where the mares are hanging out. We moved him out of there because it is right on the perimeter fence (by perimeter fence I mean the fence that encompasses the house, horses and feed barn. The property the horses are turned out on is still part of the ranch.) and it sure wouldn't have been a good idea to have the girls pestering him. Boy is he mad about them running all over and he cannot keep track of them!
Can you believe the almond tree is already blossoming?!

No comments: