Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Improvement............

So our poor old house is challenged. We know that and we still love it. Some of you may remember awhile back when I had to use the outhouse for a couple of weeks. Oh yeah........smack in the middle of winter. And poor Jeremy had the flu something awful the day we replaced the sewer pipe so the last thing he wanted to do is mess with the drain pipe too. He barely survived the sewer pipe. And although we knew if the sewer pipe went out most likely the drain pipe should be replaced too but like I said he barely survived it.

So about a week ago the drain started backing up and smelling really bad............ugh! I haven't bugged him too bad about it til today. I need to be able to take a shower without worrying. I need to stop brushing my teeth in the kitchen............blah blah blah. It rained and snowed all weekend so I though it would be the perfect time to dig it up while to ground was wet. Not to mention our friend Paul was here to help us out.
Here is my poor tore up front yard........that is Paul finishing his beer in the background. He dug this whole thing while I was at the hardware store torturing the poor man helping me with my woman's list of what I needed. Don't they educate these guys on what a thingy is? Jeez! Jeremy was riding and Paul was digging, what a great friend. The trench is right next to where the pipe is laid out.

This is what I was doing when I got home. I also thought the wet ground was a great time to weed everywhere. This particular planter is where I want to put some of my berry plants. There is a fence in there somewhere. Once I get it weeded the rest of the way and the brush cleared it will be perfect! I am so excited!

I really don't even know why I took this picture. Or why I posted it. I am not proud of our poor old falling down garage. Like I have said so many darn times, there are sooooooo many projects around here it is always hard to decide what to make a priority of. There used to be a line of trees down the driveway and the time we moved in they had died off and the wind had blown them over. I remember the first time we saw the place you couldn't even drive up to the house there were so many downed trees on the driveway. Several were still standing when we moved in and we hurried and took as many as we could down so they wouldn't fall on stuff. Unfortunatley the woodshed on the side of the garage fell victim to a couple trees. So did my old Ford truck! It still drives but is pretty much only driven on the ranch now. Anyhow, I guess my point was the garage is still waiting not so patiently for it's turn to be repaired. I hope it can hold up til we can get to it!




No comments: