Monday, March 2, 2009

Guess who we found?!?!

So we got up this morning with a normal day in mind. Sage and I had cereal and then started our school work. Jeremy and Steele were out feeding. Sage was taking forever on her particular project so I was checking a few things on the internet on my laptop sitting right next to her. I decided to check L.A. County Animal Control's website for lost and found pets one more time. I start scrolling down not thinking I was going to see anything exciting when about four or five animals down I see MOOSE!!!!!! Just about the same time Jeremy and Steele had come in. I am running in circles, and I mean it CIRCLES, screaming "They have Moose! They have Moose!" I was still in my pj's and hadn't even brushed my teeth so I just couldn't figure out where to start! So as I am getting dressed and Jeremy is ready to load the kids in the car, we found a phone book and got the phone number to call them. Thankfully I did since it was only 9am and they didn't open til noon. They also told me to bring verification he was ours and any vaccine records. So since we just couldn' wait we went ahead and headed into town. We killed as much time as we could and arrived at the shelter at 1130am. There was already a line around the building! Long story short we waited an hour and a half in the office for our turn to do paperwork and pay the fine to spring him. I asked them just out of curiousity where they had picked him up. For those of you that know the area, they picked him up in Quartz Hill!!!! L-14 & 55th st west. For those of you who might know the area, that is about 45 miles from home!!! He had another collar on him so we figured someone had picked him up and planned to keep him and he ran off from them. That is our best guess anyhow. Thank goodness he did! And we are grateful to the animal shelter for picking him up and doing what they do. I am sure it is a dirty job but someone has to do it. And sometimes there are happy endings! We saw several today that ended well. And several displays of very poor behavior by grown adults.............yuck. But we are all happy and Moose is happily under the covers with Sage as we speak. Bathed and happy. Oh, and a brand new collar and ID tag with his name and phone number should this happen again! We plan to take all precautions but just in case!

No comments: