Friday, March 20, 2009

Another day in the life.......

I had such a fun day yesterday, getting to hang out with my animals and ride. But...........I am not used to it anymore and after a couple days on the couch being sick, my butt is sore! My legs are sore, I am so tired.........ugh. I just want to go to my room and go to sleep. But it is my birthday and I want to hang with the family for the rest of the day milking it.
I just had to go to town today and run some errands, go to the bank and make some phone calls. So on the way out of the property I got to see the mares grazing. Jeremy put out his little filly, Itchy yesterday and she is loving it! That is her in the middle. Jeremy had hoped she would pal up with Cat cause she is such a solid minded mare. Cat is on the right and Sueana his buckskin mare on the left.

Grumpy wench! Isn't Cat a pretty mare? I love her.
She is Poco's mother. Cody is Poco's daddy.

Just beyond our bottom gate on Tejon land we saw this. It is so darn neat that the kids get to grow up like this. I would have given my right arm to grow up on a place like this. Thank God I did get my first horse at 13 and I did run amuck in the desert with my good friend Julie. But a place like this............ahhhhhh. I can't wait til they are old enough to disapear on their horses for hours at a time. Not because I want them out of my hair but because this is a kids paradise. They will have so much fun!

A couple of miles further down the road they are running sheep in the desert.
I thought this guy was very cute.


And this guy..............can you see his hat?! He was very proud of himself. We were almost home and I had gotten back in the car from closing the gate and I hear look Mom! It is a hat! Sage and him had gotten big ol huge gum balls out of the machine at the hardware store. Oh yeah, it's his gumball. He is still wearing it in his hair as I write. He keeps asking me, "will you get this out?". Poor guy, I hit this chair and cannot drag my butt up again. I keep telling him "sure Buddy, I will get it in a minute." I swear I am going for mother of the year!


1 comment:

gtyyup said...

Oh those pasture photos of the horses are just beautiful!!! Glad you've been getting to do some ridin' too!

Oh, yea...you can exploit your husband any time LOL ;~)