Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How my day went.


My day started out at 3am for some strange reason. I don't know why I was up so darn early. I had to be at a meeting in Tehachapi at 830am. So I guess I didn't want to miss it. The meeting was with the Forest Service, BLM officials, Sheriff Dept., PCT officials, ORV Watch Kern County and a few of us concerned property owners that are having such a problem with the unlawful dirtbikers. It felt like a huge waste of 2 hours (not counting the 2hour drive time) of my time. We are all still sitting with our hands tied. BLM did say they would be in the area the next two weekends enforcing the no offroading out here. I hate to be a pessamist but time will tell if the problem will improve. Funding issues have cut back how responsive the Sheriff has been. You know the story, the country is going to hell in a hand basket...............

So I rushed home from the meeting to pick up the kids so Jeremy could get some work done. Not to mention I needed to get Moose to the vet since he has developed kennel cough after being picked up by the pound a week ago. Moose and the kids were very good at the vet. Even Steele gave me the sweetest smile I think I have ever caught on film. What a little rascal, I want to print the picture and hang it from my forehead so I can see it all the time! Sage gave a sweet smile too, but she is always sweet!

We left the vet with our meds and headed to McDonalds to get some late lunch. Then I headed to Big Lots to hopefully get the Polaroid camera they had advertised for a really good deal. Darn! They had sold out!! So we headed over to the local feed store to beg them to please load two bales of hay into my little jeep liberty. We will be getting a delivery tomorrow but needed a few bales to get us by in the morning. We feed two bales per feeding, not to mention some of the horses eat cubes. Lotso hay and money we go through around here..........YIKES!
This was within about a mile and a half from home. I thought it was so pretty with the wildflowers blooming and the clouds peeking over the mountains.

No comments: