Monday, May 4, 2009

This is were the trouble began..........

So we gathered and branded this weekend.
And as I said before, Jeremy dislocated his shoulder again on Friday afternoon. We were able to keep him off a horse on Saturday and then by the later half of Sunday it was another story. He had been riding the colts sired by Cody all week and we both were looking so forward to riding them together and sharing a moment after all the stress we had in the past weeks.......

Well, it just didn't work out that way and we were trying to roll with it and get the calves branded. If any of you know Jeremy very well you know he loves horses alot. All he says about this horse is how much he loves him, loves the way he feels when he rides him, loves the way he tries, you got the idea........Even though he loves him he is a bit on the hot side. We like to say he has a "big engine".

He was doing really good, handling the commotion, smoke and bawling calves. I was petting him when he held the rope and supporting him. Until..........

Jeremy got his boot caught in the fence somehow. I didn't see it start and I wasn't holding the camera. Not that I would have been taking pictures. When his boot dislodged from the fence his spur hit the poor colt in the gut and he left town. Jeremy just froze, I am sure cause he didn't want to get hurt again so he grabbed the fence.............with his bad arm. He had his brace on..........it is ripped to hell. I remember asking him if I could duct tape his arm down if he insisted on riding Flash. I sure wish I had now. We only had two calves left and while Linda was trying to put his shoulder back in we finished the two left. Then off to the ER again. We decided to go to Tehachapi instead of Lancaster this time. They are usually not as busy and not such a production to be seen. I keep joking I should have worn my "I'm with the band" button cause half the nurses saw his name on the paperwork and knew who he was. I thought that was kind of neat and I keep teasing him about it since he gets so embarrassed. They had a run away windmill near the freeway so it was shut down from Tehachapi to Mojave and the back road that we were on was bumper to bumper traffic. It is never a boring life out here..........
Jeremy is very sore today. It is the worst it has ever been this time. I ran to town and got his pain medicine and between Paul and I we have been able to keep him down for one day so far. Paul said he can stay as long as we need him but I am sure any spare prayers you may have we will be glad to have!

No comments: