Monday, May 4, 2009

Sorting the herd

Chico is the BOMB!!! Horses for kids don't
get any better than this darn guy!
Steele and his trusty pal, Chico. We let him ride first since Sage wanted to help sort.
We were sure they were going to fight over him but Steele was very good and amused himself the whole time we were branding.

Here is Sage on her Chico practicing her roping. She was doing really good but I think she decided it was too much to try and do all at once. That is my Cody is the background.

Sage checking numbers for daddy. She is riding in her saddle that Grandpa gave her. It was an old Heiser from his collection. I had been eyeing it cause it has a higher back and it makes me feel like she is in there better. She was mad at me cause I made her wear her brain bucket though.

"Hey Sage, can you find that black heifer for me?"
She was so darn cute and I wasn't even nervous!


There is the work crew. Except me of course, I am usually behind the camera.
Linda and her little Arab mare on the left, Reiko, Joe, Paul, Travis and Sagie. Steele was somewhere over the fence asking me if he can drink the beers..............I almost said yes, I thought it was a Sprite.
I liked this picture also because of our brand you can see at the bottom of the picture.
It must be on our new bull.

No comments: