Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Badger

This is Badger and his proud owner, Lisle. They are going to make a wonderful team.

He is by far one of the neatest horses ever.

This is their first ride out in the arena together and his first ride in the bosal. He has just been in the halter til today. He handled everything great.

They did have to put spurs to use since he was more than happy to not move forward and was starting to think about pushing the issue more than he should have.

I am completely honored that I got to be part of his training. I sure have gotten to ride a couple really neat horses lately. Or course all of them have been started by Jeremy and then I came into the picture but I think I like riding his horses! Don't tell him!
Happy Trails to you and Badger, Lisle!


3 comments:

Shirley said...

That last photo is wonderful, and there's nothing like a happy customer. Why do you call Badger one of the neatest horses ever? Is it his kindness, which is evident in his pics, or does he have some quirky-but-cute behaviour?

gtyyup said...

Hey there...I had to do a lot of catchin' up on your blog...it's been almost a month since I've visited...life is so busy in the summer.

Your heart must be feelin' better, 'cause you sound better...time is a good healer.

Can't believe the trouble Jeremy keeps having with the shoulder...hope you might get some good news from the Sports Medicine people.

Love all your pics...branding, horses, cows, garden, kids...you've been very busy!!

Take care~~

Brandie said...

Hello! You have been pretty busy too! How is that raised bed coming? I can't wait to see pictures of it full of stuff! And yes, I think I am feeling better, I have had some great horses to ride and they help me. I guess it may be a blessing in disgise that Jeremy has gotten hurt and making me ride the horses. I am not sure there is much better to help heal than the feel of a horse............thankfully he has some really nice colts here right now. We are just planning to fulfill the commitments to them and then Jeremy will probably have to have sx on that darn shoulder since it keeps coming out.............so them I am off to join the workforce. Wish me luck! It will give me a mommy break anyhow! Brandie