Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pacific Crest Trail and dirtbiking


Here is something I find very interesting. The sign clearly says on it "no Motorized vehicles". What is so hard to understand about that? Why is the PCT people or the BLM not doing something to make a difference? This is my big question. Why are people not raising their kids better these days? I cannot imagine being so disrespectful to another person if I am clearly in the wrong. The one that really annoys me is "we are lost, can you tell us how to get out of here?" Yeah, Maybe they could take the mine shaft trail? Why don't they ever fall in there? I am not saying I want to rain on anyones weekend fun. But do you have to breach fence lines to do it? Oh yeah, they say they don't see a fence line or a sign but we know they do. They just don't care. Sorry about my rant. Jeremy was out feeding tonight when we hear the loudest nose and dirtbikes sounds. The really loud noise turned out to be a dunebuggy. Jeremy had to stop what he was doing and run for the house to get the four wheel drive truck. I met him at the driveway with the .45. I had heard them too but Steele was asleep so I didn't want to drag him out of bed to throw him and Sage in the truck for a wild ride up the hill. I went ahead and called the sheriff and waited to see if I could hear anything. The sheriff has been very responsive and helpful and we are well on the road to getting the laws changed to include stiff fines to be able to put a stop to this crap. I guess I am not really telling the story in order either but in the past we have caught different groups of these idiots chasing out calves down and when they were bawling for their mommas with their tongues hanging out of their mouths, then the mommas would get on the fight so they thought it was fun to chase the mommas. What is wrong with the up and coming society today? It is just sick. Anyhow........so I could not just sit and wait. So I went out and finished feeding and still nothing. So I climbed the hill on the east side of the property in hopes I could see something, nothing. I headed over to the house since I was pretty sure Steele would be awake by now. If not on his own Sage would have woke him up. She just can't stand to have anyone sleeping peacefully around her. Another story for another day! I loaded up the kids in the feed truck and headed down to see if I either ran into the sheriff or Jeremy. Course I had to grab my weapon of choice (camera) and away we went. I finally find Jeremy and he said he caught up to them and they flipped him off.............nice upstanding folks in the community I am sure. So I left the rikkety old feed truck at the bottom gate and rode with Jeremy to meet the sheriff. He took a report and was going to check out a few camps that we had scouted out and told him about. I sure hope they got to cuff an stuff them for something! Now I am off to warm up my hands...burrrrrrr They say we are in for 2 inches of snow tonight.

No comments: