Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sage and I have been trying to be good about homeschooling and get into a routine. Interesting concept when you have a very rowdy three year old running around the house. Now that Jeremy is back to work he cannot take him outside with him all the time and I must find a way to manage. This has not been easy to do since the minute I walk away from Sage she is dinking off and not focusing on what she needs to do. In another sense it is good because she needs to learn to work without me constantly on her, independently. Steele has been learning that I will not chase after his every whim and come every time he hollars. He is a smart little turd and has been finding passive ways around this. Like just yesterday when I wasn't answering to his beckoned calls he ever so quietly let his bloody nose drip in a nice little pattern all over the rug before telling me that is was bleeding. Never made a sound until his pattern was completed. Another passive note he has been throwing is to drag every last toy downstairs and let me clean it up. He also has taken complete control over the tv and changes the disk nine thousand times leaving all of the movies scratched and without a case. All of these things have led me to try and maintain some sort of order in the house again. I have implemented new rules with both kids, one of them being that they are no longer to touch the tv or dvd player. I am even thinking of making up a list of the movies and having them "check out" the movie they want. Trying to find this balance has been pretty difficult.
Steele comes to me today with the remote control in his hand wanting to know which button to press to turn up the tv. I calmly remind him that he is not supposed to be touching the remote but he insists that he just wants to know what button it is. I tell him and stupidly tell him to put it back on the tv (I didn't want to get up again and interupt what Sage and I had going.). Again stupidly I tell him "you better do as you say cause God knows when you tell I lie". Thinking all was well I hear Sage mutter under her breathe "He didn't know when I lied."
LIKE I DIDN'T HEAR HER OR SOMETHING!!!!!

No comments: