Sunday, October 18, 2009

Branding pictures from today

So my dear friend came to visit us all the way from Oregon, brought a horse with her even to help us brand. We have had a blast the last two days gathering and branding. I rode Poco, a mare we raised out of our stock. I had her for sale on our website but you couldn't give me a million dollars now. That little girl impressed me time and time again. She would go up anything I pointed her at, leave the other horses clearing canyons without raising a fuss, crash through bushes without hesitating, never spooky or silly, ever. I just love her. Oh yeah and my sidekick Priss in the saddle with us. Isn't she the cutest thing ever?!

Here is Poco holding with Jeremy on her. We had a heck of a ground crew with Paul, and our friends Kathy and Jimmy. And holding the other end is my friend Angie and her tank of a mare Poppy.

Here is a picture of Angie and I before we got to work!

Here is the highlight of my day. My girlie pie roping from her horse for the first time. There is not enough I can say to tell you how stinking proud of this girl and her horse I am. I will have to let the picture do the talking. Aren't they the darn cutest!!!




3 comments:

Mikey said...

She is so cute! Look at her!!! I LOVE IT!!
(You're cute too, lol) Great pics!!

Shirley said...

Great pics; you look great on a horse! And your daughter is totally precious.

Acton Buff said...

Yup, now that's the essence of ranch life. And how so very cool to see your offspring continuing the legacy.
LOVE IT!!!
Buffy