Saturday, October 3, 2009

My junior stud muffin

I haven't had the time or the desire to write many stories here lately and I always have so many good ones............well, it's not that I don't want to. I just want to be able to write it in all it's glory and I haven't had the time. So I have some time this morning to tell you a pretty funny one.
Steele has been Jeremy's mini me lately. Hanging out with him all the time. If he leaves the house Steele is runnning circles looking for his clothes so he can go on whatever adventure they might have. Living on this ranch is one big adventure in itself, something always is bound to happen. Just the other day Jeremy and Paul saw a bear! Anyway, back to my story. Jeremy never goes anywhere without a knife. Which can be very inconvienent when you have to take him to the emergency room...........Jeremy and Steele were at the hardware store together a couple weeks back and found a little leatherman and of course Steele just had to have it. Jeremy checked it out and the knife was really hard to open but the other tools were pretty easy to get out. He could easily get the screw driver open and the scissors, the file ect. The kid is obsessed with knives and flashlights, seriously he has like 30 flashlights of all different varieties thanks to Granpa fueling his obsession. Another story for another time.
Well, we had been in town running errands and the kids were getting restless so we went to Burger King since they had a play area. Those are the best!!! Jeremy and I can actually speak two words to one another without getting interupted, usually............
So there I was looking through the phone book for a number of a preschool I want to look into for Steele when I get a wake up reminder that we have ranch kids and then there are city kids..............there had been a couple other kids playing in there. A couple girls, you know he likes the girls. So they were all playing real nice. I heard Steele say he was Buzz Lightyear and then another kid said "no! I am" Sweet Sage solved that problem by relating it to the second Toy Story when there actually was two Buzz Lightyears. A couple minutes later a little girl is screaming "he has a knife!!!" I didn't think too much of it when all of a sudden it strikes me...........I say to Jeremy "does Steele have his knife?!"
He doesn't even answer me he just jumps up and runs over to where Steele is coming out of the slide. I try to act like nothing is happening and continue to read my phonebook. The kids mother is freaking out saying "I can't believe anyone would let their kid have a knife!"
Well, Jeremy was able to slip it out of his pocket without them seeing cause God knows they might have the sheriff there. I am positive Steele was just showing her cause he thought it was cool and he wanted to show off to her. He had no idea what a big bad world this is and how they have to teach kids in school to FREAK the hell out if someone has a weapon. To him it is a tool not a weapon..........When Jeremy came back over to sit down I waited til the mom and daughter had left (you know they did!) to ask him if he did have his knife, sure enough. All Jeremy said was "damn city kids".
It really sucks when you realize what a screwed up world it is anymore that kids feel like they have to be on guard all the time. I can totally see where the little girl was coming from. Not everybody lives like we do. At the same time it was pretty funny.

No comments: