Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Steele and Gramma

So Jeremy and I have somehow started this thing we do after the day is over, usually when we are in the truck driving home from where ever we have been. One of us will say to each other "so, what was your favorite moment of the day?" This time my answer was knowing how much fun each of my two babies was having that day and how they got to spend it individually with someone special to them and have their own special time while Jeremy and I were working. Oh, and that was my second favorite moment, or maybe it just ties into the first favorite moment. I just love to get to connect with him from across the arena just because we are on the same wave length working together with the horses. Sorry about the runon sentence, it couldn't be helped. My fingers got excited and just kept typing on and on...........
I guess I should explain what Jeremy and I were doing. We had a wonderful host, Brigid and Mike, open their home to us and we had private lessons all throughout the day. We hauled a couple of our colts, Poco and Flash, and used them in some of the lessons. Since Jeremy's injury and then the resulting surgery we try and make sure someone, either Paul or I is available to step in and help if need be to protect that arm for just a bit longer. Another neat moment was Brigid also owns one of Cody's babies and was putting a ride on her that day. I will post pictures of her but this dang blogger is only letting me put one picture at a time and even at that it is taking quite awhile to download.
We also brought Jeremy first horse since the surgery home for training on Sunday. A cute little Fjord Quarter cross mare that has already been driving. Jeremy was already riding her yesterday. I guess he is jumping in with both feet!
I was so happy to see the smile on Steele's face when Gramma showed up to take him to a movie. He was so so so I mean SOOOOOO upset that sissy got to go with Diana to have a sleepover and he didn't get to. Of course while he was that upset there was no way to reason with him that he would get to have his own fun, so it was a total surprise to him when she showed up to get him. They went to the movies to see "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" I hear he loved it, the only thing I have gotten out of him is that the chickens were mean.

No comments: