Monday, September 7, 2009

The Car

So Friday evening before going home we met a prospective buyer for my dad's car that is for sale. Well, actuallly it was my passed aunt's car. That's another story, but not a very funny one..........Anyhow. The car has been sitting for a couple of months now since my dad had it parked on the street advertised for sale and one night he didn't bring it back in. That was the one night some dirtbag broke out the passenger window and attempted to steal it. The steering colomn is all busted up and some wires are hanging out of it. I made sure to disclose all of this information on the ad and make sure it is known we do have a police report so if a person was to buy it and then get pulled over they wouldn't go to the pokey for a stolen car! My dad was working late and would not be able to get there to show the car so we agreed to do it. He told me how to get in and get the keys to the car. Well, I was worrying about how to get the keys before the people got there without them seeing so they wouldn't know how to break into my dad's house and we were running late. So we pull in and they aren't there, so Jeremy drops me off and he heads back to the head of the driveway to meet them. I am hurrying to find the ladder and get the keys out before they come around the corner and see how I am doing it when finally in my panic to locate the key I get my damn arm stuck in the window. I felt like a monkey stuck in a trap, open your paw, open your paw! But I can't because I need that key!!! I finally get my arm unstuck and the ladder put away just as they come around the corner. The battery on the car was dead since it has been sitting so long so we had to hook up another battery and let it charge a bit before trying to start it. Jeremy had gotten in the car and was attempting to get the key in the ignition and it won't go in. Trying to look like he knows what he is doing he starts sticking wires together. Now the horn is honking and the flashers are going off. Now, mind you, my dad is usually all business and doesn't forget details. The perspective buyers are looking the car all over and I am starting to feel like I am in a frying pan cause nothing is going smoothly. I call dad up to ask about this key problem and he laughs...........laughs can you believe it?! "Oh, I forgot to tell you" he says "you don't need a key to start it anymore. Don't you have a screwdriver?!" WHAT??? I would have thought he would remembered a detail like that! And don't forget the PBs are hearing all of this. So Jeremy is his haste to find a screw driver he opens the console and there are syringes in it!! He snaps it closed like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have been, all the while laughing his butt off. Of course we knew it is because my aunt was a diabetic but the PBs, I am sure by now are starting to question the validity of anything we are saying. You should have seen the guy when I was trying to open the trunk! He looked like he was ready to run for his car with his hand on his cell phone! We never did get the darn thing to start. The battery was just too dead. The PBs agreed that we weren't asking much for the car even with all the damages and scheduled to come back Sunday when my dad was there. I should have know they were probably just trying to get out of there since they never did show up. They were probably scared at what they would encounter next!

No comments: