Sunday, September 27, 2009

He will always be my baby

If you only knew how long it took me to get this picture to load.........We went on a wagon drive yesterday. We were outriders. On the way out Sage rode Chico and Steele rode on a wagon with a friend. Jeremy and I rode colts that we have raised, Flash and Poco. Of course in the rush to get over there in time with the horses, all our gear, lunch and the kids I forgot my purse. So in addition to no money we didn't have any sunscreen, chapstick or my camera. After the lunch break which was at Denzel Cameron's (who is now passed and his wife still lives there) place the kids switched and Steele rode in while Sage rode on a wagon. About halfway back I remembered that at least we had our phones to take a picture. So this is the one and only picture we have from the day. That is unless our friend Jim was able to get any. I was so proud of Sage, she rode most of the way (about 4 hours) in the hot sun. We did have water breaks but our cooler was in one of the wagons up ahead of us. The team we were behind was a bit shy of the horses coming up on them so we just stayed back so as not to cause a run away. We all had a really great time and our horses were perfectly behaved. Well, once Chico bit Flash on the butt as we were going down the trail and he jumped in the air. But that is to be expected, right?!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

They grow up so fast, so keep on giving them good memories!