Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gator

Meet Gator. I bottled raised him when he was a baby. We used to have a neighbor that trimmed trees and he knew I work at the vet in town. So when he found this kitten in the wood pile they were putting through the chipper he brought him to me. He figured they had put the rest of the family in the chipper by accident. Isn't that awful? Hopefully not but at any rate we got Gator. I had originally called him Possum cause I though he looked like a Possum but Jeremy played so rough with him he turned into a Gator. I was pretty worried about him when we moved here cause of all the wide open space and I thought the coyotes would get him for sure. Here we are five years later and he is still here. He is the sweetest cat that will jump up in your arms if you are ignoring him but if he is by the house where the other cats are you better just forget about touching him. He hates the other cats and he turns into an evil cat. He has taken up residence in the hay barn and he will wander over to the roundpen if people are here. If I drive in the driveway he will come out of hiding and jump on the hood of the car waiting for me to open the window and then he will climb inside the car. This picture was taken the last time we branded. He is the craziest cat and he will sit on the calves while we are branding them! He is nuts. Doesn't he just look right at home in the saddle? He thinks he owns the place!

No comments: