Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The ride looking for cows again.

Here is Paul and Sam hunting for the cows again today. Sam is a nice colt and not bad to look at either, he just needs more trips like this one! They headed out our back gate onto Tejon land (with permission of course) to look for those darn city cows. I keep getting the question, "what is a city cow?" Well, I am just mad at them for causing so much trouble but the best way for me to describe it is that they were raised in a corral and they never know the pasture life. And now they cannot stay in any one area. Everytime we find them, the can't just stay with the herd near the water sources they have to keep traveling like since there are no fences they don't know what to do. Happens with horses too! LOL!

And this is Jeremy and Flash. Flash is turning in to quite an animal. And if I have to hear one more time how he likes this horse I might vomit........he is a nice boy. Can you see him yawning? His daddy does that to.

Jeremy came in and told me where they were going and I was working on homeschooling work with Sage. I was kind of bummed, cause I would have loved to go with them. So I told Jeremy he had to take my camera and come home with a bunch. These two are some he took and I will post some more tomorrow. I think he did good! Well, except for the bear they saw and didn't get a picture!!! Can you believe Jeremy went after him, down in a canyon just so he could get a picture for me. He never did get it..........which probably was a good thing since it could have ate him and Paul saw him heading after it and did not follow! Can you imagine what Paul was thinking? "your on your own, dude!" Can't say I blame him.

Jeremy was just on a mission and not thinking, he was just proud of his horse and didn't think twice about following him.



No comments: