Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hunting Cows

Of all the cool pictures I took today, this is the only one I could get to load...........we spent all day either moving cows, checking them or looking for them. We were successful in the first two tasks but not so successful in the finding of the last task of locating the missing ones. Jeremy rode Chico and the kids and I took the polaris. We are normally not a motorized outfit but with Jeremy still healing it was just nice to see him horseback and since we have the kids and I am only agreeing to Jeremy riding Chico that leaves the kids without a horse. Once we got the handful of the cows moved we loaded up a lunch and the dogs and headed the other direction to look for about ten head of herefords that we are pretty sure are way up the mountain where they shouldn't be. We drove several miles on dozer roads from the White Fire two years ago. Then we hiked another couple miles down into a canyon where we found tracks and water. No cows though. I am afraid we just didn't go far enough, the kids were running low on energy and we still had to hike back. After some discussion Jeremy and I decided we would probably need to trailer to the top and then ride it down. Anyhow, we had a really fun time together and the kids hiked the whole way themselves! Sage caught a baby frog and was mad I made her put it back. Steele fell asleep halfway home, oh!!! I have got to get that picture to load! It was hilarious!

No comments: