Saturday, September 5, 2009

The monster by the porch

Sorry to say this is all I have time for today. Yesterday we spent the whole day running around town collecting the things people donated to Armondo and his family (the ones that their house burned). That was the neatest feeling with all the crap going on lately and then to feel all the care and concern people expressed for a stranger that lost his home. People literally cleaned out their garages giving him stuff to keep him working. We picked up a lawn mower even. And I have over a $100 in one day. Thank you so much to the selfless people out there! I have a pretty funny story about a car my dad has for sale that we also showed last night but just no time to sit and write it. I will though. The snake in this picture, sorry Mikey we don't relocate them around here. He was in the flower bed by the front porch right next to where the kids' toys live! Yeah, yeah, somebody call CPS, whatever. It is just the nature of living in the desert. Anyhow, thankfully I caught sight of him as I walked off the porch for something and we quickly sent him to heaven. He was huge!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Good grief! That's one big snake! Glad your kids didn't come to any harm. Are you going to preserve the hide using Mikey's method?

Mikey said...

Lol, just catching up on your blog, I've been so busy lately, and I thought "I've got to get over there and see what they're up to!"
That's a dang big snake! It's ok if you kill them, lol, to each their own! But yeah, he's a big 'un!!