Saturday, January 3, 2009

The toothfairy was here.


Sage lost her first tooth yesterday. I still can't believe I have a daughter that is almost six years old. Not to mention she is the sweetest thing I have ever known. She is always so proud of herself when she is growing bigger. It was so sweet to see her face, the combo of tears and laughing. I tried to get the moment but I had left my camera in the car so by the time I ran out there and got it she as drying her face on her sleeves. I just love that girl.
*After I posted the picture I thought I guess I could explain the haircut. I just couldn't afford beauty college so I practice on my daughter..............okay fine here is the real story. Back in July we had gotten home from Reno, NV where Jeremy had given a couple of demos and had shown Ojos, the Mustang makeover horse. We had a booth at the expo so in addition to having all our stuff, the horse's stuff, hay and such, we also had packed all our stuff for our booth. So I was pretty proud of myself having unloaded AND unpacked AND put away all our stuff out of the truck and trailer. I had gotten Steele to sleep and I was enjoying my couple of peaceful moments watching Dr. Phil. Sage was playing in her bedroom upstairs, I knew it was too quiet but darn it I just wanted a few minutes to let my mind and body rest...............next thing I know Sage is standing in front of me giggling that nervous giggle. I wanted to cry and found myself laughing cause she looked so silly. I did however cry later. For two days. She had cut a ton of her hair off. Her cute little bangs which were cause for her to laugh and cry with happiness just months earlier was gone completely. Has anyone ever seen the movie Joe Dirt? That is who she looked like. I was devastated. It took me days to convince myself it was just hair. To me it was the realization of the many bad decisions she will undoubtably make in her lifetime. Thankfully it is just hair and it is slowly but surely growing back. Oh and the wings she is wearing in the picture.........she is pretty excited about the Tinkerbell birthday party she will be celebrating soon so she instists on wearing the wings over her clothes since I won't let her wear the outfit in this cold weather. Cute huh?!

1 comment:

mck said...

Brandie,
that was the sweetest,
most heartfelt post
ever....I laughed at the
"beauty college" comment--
and the rest of it has
left me feeling warm...
and Sage looks adorable!!!
best,
mck