Friday, June 5, 2009

Misc pictures

So it has been one thing after another around here. We are staying busy! Sage has taken to wanting to ride everyday. I am thrilled but it scares the crap out of me. Yesterday Jeremy was pretty sore due to the therapist examining him so he wasn't touching any horses. He headed to town to pick up a load of pipe to finish the line they are laying crossing the creek. Our farrier Mike Bromley was here working on horses and Sage had been riding her horse all over in the creek bed near where we were working. I decided since he wouldn't be riding that day I had better ride Tica, the mare I had been riding that is here in training. She is a very nice mare and I have not really gotten to ride with Sage before because I am always usually on Cody the stud. And it scares the crap out of me to ride with her. Did I already say that?! Anyhow, we were riding together and I said to her lets just stick here close to the arena so I know you are safe. And NO MORE TROTTING! I also tell her that she will have to ride out with daddy for the first time completely byherself without anyone ponying her cause it just scares me too much. My girlie says to me "Mom, don't worry. I have my brainbucket on!" Can you believe that?!
So I sucked it up and we rode up the property aways and crossed the creek and came down the driveway. Ol Chico never made a wrong move and we all lived...............
This is Min and Jeremy..............oh and Itchy trying to steal the show. A pastor we know is opening a new church down in town and they want to make a metal sign for the front of a cowboy knealing by his horse praying so they asked Jeremy to model for the pictures.

This is the morning smorgus borg...........I probably have about 15 cats around here. They are cute and all but so darn messy. When we first moved into this place it was overrun with mice and they have made a huge dent in the mouse population so I guess I will put up with them. Everyone had their purpose.

Another shot of Jeremy posing. Doesn't Min look beautiful now that we have kicked her out on pasture? I just love the way they smell out on pasture too. There is nothing like it.




No comments: