Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yesterday at school with the kids.

As most of you know we homeschool, but I wanted somewhere for the kids to have some of the extra stuff that kids at a regular school would have but in a better enviroment than public school. So on Friday's the kids have enrichment classes in Tehachapi. Well, right now just Sage is enrolled but since it is such a family enviroment Steele is included in as much as he can be at his age. Yesterday they has a guest speaker from the Stallion Springs police department. How cool is that?! We also had a field trip to the Fire Station a couple of weeks ago but I am a looser sometimes and didn't take my camera..........boo. Steele got to sit in the police car and turn on the sirens. He thought that was the coolest things ever! And thankfully my car was parked close and I had my camera this time. While Sage is in class we usually run errands and just hang out. It is kind of fun to have some time with just him too.

This is what it looked like on our drive home. Our place is on the other side of thesse mountains. We have to drive all the way around the horn to get there from Tehachapi.

We went the long way in to look in on the cows. The other day our whole day got rearranged while I hauled Jeremy, his dog and a saddle horse down the road a couple of miles to drive them back up closer to home. When it snows and is real stormy they tend to travel south to get away from it. We like to keep them closer to home of course. This was the bottom pond. That is snow on the top! I can't imagine what the top pond looks like! I didn't even try to get up there. There is still alot of snow drifts and I didn't think it was worth it to tear up the road.



No comments: