Friday, July 24, 2009

Damn pigs.........

Can you see them? Dirt rottin punks, heading right for our place. I didn' really think much of it yesterday when we saw this bunch. Then today after wrestling with the darn water again, we discover a broken pipe and what we are pretty sure is a pig trail. Rottin punks!!! Anyhow, I had to climb really far down the hill into the scary depths of the creekbed to fix it. Did I say it was straight down? And no I didn't have the hands to take pictures of it! Did I mention I have never fixed a pipe before in my life. Thankfully it was not a big deal. What was a big deal was, was all the water that was wasted out of our already declining well. Any of you that have water out of your tap pretty much all of the time should thank your lucky stars! I am considering myself lucky to have gotten a shower tonight!

1 comment:

gtyyup said...

Wild pigs like havalina (sp?)? If so, I'd say shoot one 'n have a pig roast. We went to one in Tucson when we lived there years ago...the best meat I've ever tasted!! They cooked it in the ground for 3 days or something like that!

Boy, I know how bad it is to be without water. Summer before last our domestic well went dry and we were without water for 6 weeks while waiting for the new well!!! We filled up our drinking water containers and the self contained horse trailer at the neighbor's and thank goodness for irrigation water...we put a faucet on the end of the wheel line and every time it came by, we filled every 5 gallon bucket we had to flush toilets with. Being without electricity and water are two of the worst!