Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Some of the feral horses on the mountain

Can you believe these clowns? These horses are wild. Someone forgot to tell them I think. Tonight we had to head over to Tehachapi for our appt. with Sage's teacher. We decided to go over the mountain instead of around since we had a bit of extra time and we wanted to check our cattle on the way. We are very lucky to have permission to pass through all the private property on the way through. We came around the corner and there they were. They were a couple of stud colts. One was licking the ground and was too busy to be bothered by us needing by.
Look at that face. I just wanted to bite his ears he was so cute!

The studs are alway so curious and confident.

Ummmm, hello..........car and your a wild horse, remember?! I guess they probably get this all the time in Nevada.

I put my arm out to him hoping he would come and touch me. For a second I thought he was going to and then he remembered himself. Sage was in the back carrying on about why we were stopping, we need to get to McDonalds. You know they have a playground for goodness sakes and she gets to see the horses all the time!!!





1 comment:

gtyyup said...

My gosh...they fear nothing!! They must see a lot of two leggeds to make them that docile. They're really pretty nice looking colts too!

Love the cow/calf pair in the previous post...the lil' one is just a doll!

Oh, love the pics of Sage and the pony...just adorable~~