Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sledding........kind of

Just to start of with a cute picture. Here is my beloved Priss digging in the snow. Isn't she the darn cutest? Except for yesterday when she almost bit a little girl at the park. Yes, she was on a leash and yes, I had ahold of her nose. Yeah, I saw it coming and was trying to tell the little girl that "petting my puppy" was probably not a good idea. I could see in Priss that she wasn't liking how she was being approached. It is amazingly sad to me that people can't or don't read an animal better. It would probably keep people out of more trouble.
Not to mention their parents don't teach them self control and to listen to another adult. She acted as though I wasn't even talking and just had to reach out and pet my puppy...........I am not sure why Priss wanted to bite her...........she hasn't been off the ranch much. But she isn't insecure. Maybe she felt like it was rude too, the way she was so bold. I don't know but either way she didn't get a bite and the girl's mother was too busy smoking a cigarette to notice the danger her daughter just escaped. So she is still cute to me!

This was my brilliant idea this morning..........Steele was sliding on the hill a bit lower on the patch of snow on the bottom left of the picture. He says to me "wanna try Mommy". That is where things went bad. I have had that sled since I was a kid. A key piece to this story. When I was a kid I weighed less. My butt was smaller. The sled still had a seat then. Instead of two bars where the seat should be. The same bars that wound up crammed up my arse as I careened down the hill trying desperatly to steer the damn thing on the snow patches and in between the boulders.............

Can you see the terror in my face?! Neither did Jeremy apparantley. He was behind the camera and said he was too busy taking pictures to save me. I stayed upright until the bottom when I hit dirt. Frozen dirt. I heard giggling. I have since educated my sweet husband that when the only thing I can mutter out of my mouth is cursing that I am probably NOT having fun and forseeing my certain death. I must go now and nurse the road rash on the whole left side of my body.



1 comment:

Shirley said...

I don't let people pet my dogs unless they ask first; I just say, "I wouldn't do that if I was you" and they stop in a hurry!Working dogs are very protective of their family, and are usually good judges of character.
Bet you don't go sledding again for a long time! (Hint- more snow would be better!)