Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow on the rancho......

Only a fraction of the dumb cats I feed. Everytime someone threatens to take one to the pound, or worse a litter of kittens, I relent and say they can live here and if the coyotes don't eat them I will feed em. They are good hunters so I can't complain too much. I have to feed them on top of Beau Bunny's cage so the dumb dogs don't eat their food. Imagine my delight when I found Moose, Sage's dog, up there one day.

My doves did not think this white stuff was so fun either.

Ahhhh, how I love my Hansel and Gretel. Although Jeremy informed me the other day I may have two Hansels. Better than two girls I guess. I have trained them to come up to the house and I throw seed out for them. Well........I was thinking the other day how darn smart I was to get that kind of "training" on a couple of peacocks and then it occured to me when I heard them honking for me to come out and feed them seed that they probably think they have me trained.
We had alittle snow around here a few days ago. It was kinds pretty and kinda neat. At first. Not so much anymore. It was so cold and it snowed so hard we couldn't get the front screen door open the first morning. The wind blew so hard it blew on the front porch and piled up in front of the door. I worried all darn night about that dumb goat that has been bagged up for like forever now. We are expecting another storm tomorrow night from what I hear. She will probably wait til then..........when I think of things like that and when they eat my beloved apricot trees I wonder why I have them. But when the babies live and they are kinda cute I remember. Then they get out and eat my favorite flowers and I hate them again........it's a vicous cycle.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You sure do have a variety of critters. You sound kinda grumpy today!Here's my recipe for what to do on a chilly day to get you in a better mood: Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, and curl up with a blanket by the woodstove with your favorite book, and read your children a story.