Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to all!

Every year for Christmas Eve we go to my chilhood friends Sandie's house for dinner. I start looking forward to it for weeks in advance. We get to see friends that maybe we haven't seen for awhile. It is ashame really to not get to see people you like so much more often.............busy lives account for it. Same old story. We had a great time. Great food and friends. I finally got to see Sandie's brother's new baby. She is just a doll.......Santa comes every year and always has a special present for each of the kids. They get to get together with their "cousins" and hide out in the bedrooms playing.
Cutest darn thing ever was last year when Santa had a tractor for Steele. He was so excited he could hardly stand himself. He had just asked Santa for a tractor and as I recall last year everything was tractors. This year it is pocket knives and flashlights...........
who would have known?!
My sweet little angel faced girlie is happy with a turd and a bow. Not that she got one, I am just super proud to say that if someone were to give her one she would smile and thank them. I just love that girl! She got some bracelets and a lip gloss and was happy as pie to play with her friends. She had special presents for all the Finch girls and was excited to give them to them.
Another thing I love about her is her giving nature.
It was a beautiful sunshiney day at the Broken Arrow Ranch with patches of snow all around still. We had time to reflect on the past year and it's ups and downs. We are thankful for our health and Jeremy's recovery. I am tickled beyond words to be working for a large animal vet closeby. I snuck away during the kids playing with their toys and cooking the Turkey to run down to the basement and dig out my old scrubs from when I worked for the small animal vet a couple of years ago before the kids were here. It was so cool to see them again! There was a couple of them I had even made myself. I had forgotten about that. Of course the pants aren't going to cut it. I am happy to report I could get them over my butt but if I were to drop something there would surely be a draft. Good thing is I can wear jeans and scrub tops. I can't believe how excited I am to be working for a horsie doc. I thought I would never be able to leave the kids. Thankfully Jeremy, poor dear sweet Jeremy has been pulling double duty. Have you ever seen a man try and multi task?! Pretty funny but he is hanging in there and when we have clients around they pitch in.
We here at the Broken Arrow Ranch and JB Cattle Company hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will have a safe and Happy New Year!!!


1 comment: