Saturday, November 28, 2009

The mantle wall before and after

Okay so maybe not in that order. This blogger thing likes to remind me that it is smarter than I am. This is the after the wall paper was all torn down and cleaned up. Painted and all the pictures put back up. Me and my Sagie pie.

Isn't it interesting what is on the mantle? Oil lamp in case the generator won't start, which has happened. With my son's addiction to flash lights you would think we would have a bunch of them but good luck finding one if you need it.

This is what it looked like before I started, or about halfway through the job. Too bad you can't see the pictures closer. On the far left hanging on the wall is our stallion, Sonny Cody Canyon. The other hanging picture is our wedding photo from back in September 16th, 2000. Seems so long ago.........just below that is our family photo from about a year ago, to the left is Steele sitting in the saddle on our stud when he was six months old. He looked like it was taken in a studio, I love that picture. And the one to the left of that is from the Extreme Mustang Makeover in 2007. In the photo is our friends and practilly family Jim and Linda, Me and the kids and Jeremy on Ojos. That was a fun trip. Anyhow, it looks much better now don't you think?!
Next up the bathroom! I picked a paint color and I plan to pick it up tomorrow. I am so excited! I have wanted to make the bathroom a beautiful place forever now! That is the first place company wants to go you know!


2 comments:

Shirley said...

Ah, so much nicer! Nice color on the walls too. Love the pic of your helpful son in the post below.

Acton Buff said...

It looks marvelous. Wonderful job. I need the inspiration. I have a few "projects" that need to get started.