Friday, November 13, 2009

Fridays


Sage has classes on Fridays in town. It is a fun day for me as I just get to hang out with the kids. I mean I still try to knock out a few errands while we are in town but mostly it is about them. Steele had wanted to go to school to but I just wasn't able to make it happen. So we drop Sage off at her classes and him and I take care of whatever we need to do. It is just plain fun time to hang out with him only. Him not having to share the stage with his sis and be able to have me all to himself. Today it was pretty cold and cloudy out so instead of going to the park or something outside the best I could come up with was McDonalds since they have a play area inside. He helped me clean out my purse and stole a handful of change to shove in his pockets and away he went playing on the slide. He has always been the one that didn't need to be constantly amused and could play by himself. I was just sitting drinking my coffee when one penny comes down the slide.........then another and another and then the whole bunch came clanging down the slide. You should have heard him giggling from the top. So it was getting toward the time when we all go back to the school for storytime. All of the family is welcome for storytime and it is also lunchtime. So Steele and I headed over to the grocery store to get out lunchables. This particular grocery store has those damn little carts that all kids love. I figured since it was just him I wouldn't have to worry about them getting into trouble racing. There we were walking along and all was fine and then wammo........my sweet little man was behind me going a bit too fast when he ran clean into a parked cart that someone left in the isle. He must have not been watching where he was going cause when I heard it hit and looked back just in time to see his poor sweet little face ricochet off of the bar of the cart. He immediatley grabbed his face and went to screaming. The man that happened to be right next to him is in a panic asking if he is alright. I am telling you, people say the silliest things sometimes. How the heck would I know if he is alright yet????? When I could finally get a look at his face, the bridge of his nose was red so I knew where he had gotten it. It never bled which for Steele is a miracle. You can look at him wrong and it will bleed. So I felt so darn bad for him (and I was happy he was letting me hold him, which he usually doesn't do. he is a big boy you know!) I carried him the whole rest of the way through the store all the while pushing the cart. I just remembered about the two drunk men trying their best to pick me up. How freaking ridiculous is that. I couldn't even be flattered. Drunk, in the liqueor isle at 11am, trying to hit on the lady with the screaming kid...........what the?!?!?!? Anyhow, we got the lunch and headed over to meet sis for storytime. It thrills me to no end to see my kids make friends. Homeschooling we haven't gotten to have too much of making friends their age. Sage has no trouble making friends wherever she goes but it is cute to see her with kids her age. Sage and Steele always greet each other like they haven't seen one another in a week and Steele told Sage about getting hurt and she loves on him. Then they find a spot and sit together to eat their lunch and listen to the story. I just love days like this. They make me so proud. Oh and I told Jeremy I was gonna bust Steele in the nose from now on if that is what I have to do to get to hold him in my arms. Don't tell anyone umkay. People might get the wrong idea...............

No comments: