Monday, November 2, 2009

Bragging.........

As we were out chasing down dirtbikers that drove right down into our property yesterday we get a phone call from a lady that was looking to buy a horse that Jeremy had in training some time ago. She wanted to know about him and for once Jeremy couldn't remeber the horse and I did. So when I finally remind him enough that the lights start going off for him he calls the gal back to tell her what he can remember. I remember him liking the horse, well there really isn't too many he doesn't like. Anyhow, it has now progressed to him wanting me to pull out the paperwork on the horse to remind him how long it was here and such. In looking for that paperwork I stumbled across an email we received from someone we have never met after the Extreme Mustang Makeover. I teared up the first time I read it and I still did tonight. It just makes me proud I guess but I hope you don't mind me sharing it and bragging just a little. We won't tell Jeremy...........as much as I tease him about getting a big head it really embarasses him. He is a humble man.
It reads:
Jeremy,
I was pleased to sit next to yourlongtime friends, Diane and her neighbor. As we sat and watched the brilliant performances today I noticed some reoccuring tendencies.
tight reins, lack of softness and responsiveness, tail ringing from excessive leg aides, lack of emotional development and over correcting or rushing through the obstacles by riders.
I noted too that none of these faults was exhibited by you or your horse. perhaps these are only a few of the reasons you were in the top ten. I had hoped, prayed and believed that my friend Steve Smith too would have made it into the top ten, but it was not to be, he was one of the 38 disqualified in the groundwork. After his disqualifacation Steve was no longer in the running for the top ten so even tho I cheered for him, I cheered for you too from that point onward- I appreciated your preparation which lead to your ultimate safety and success. Thank you for an inspiring performance, an illuminating lesson in quietness and a splendid moment I shared with your extended family that will last me a LIFETIME!
finally as a last thought, I am not easily impressed since I am an old geezer, but (Brandie inserting here-okay this part really gets me) but youngman, with you I was impressed.
grace and truth, and she signed her name.


with this darn internet weirdness I probably shouldn't include her name. But from the both of us a very Sincere Thank You, for letting us know how you felt. It means alot. I did write her back at the time and tell her so. And thank you now, readers for letting me share this proud moment with you before I stuff the letter back into the file cabinet.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Brandie, that's a beautiful letter. We need more trainers like your husband!

Angie said...

Thank You Brandie for sharing that letter. A glass cover and frame and a wonderful place on a wall where Jeremy can see and read that letter often would be swell. Jeremy really has no ego and for him it would be like a pat on the back everyday.

Acton Buff said...

Most assuredly deserved!! It's important that we all encourage and build each other up. And if done right, then one, both, can only grow and become more.