Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Steele's haircut

My poor kid, I have just not been on my game lately. I sure don't want to complain but we have had a tough last couple of months and it isn't over yet. We saw the doctor yesterday for Jeremy's check-up appt. after the surgery. I swear the health care system sucks. The doctor was so darn overloaded with appts. we waited 45 minutes to even be seen by him which I guess wasn't too bad. The kids were being good. So I guess we expected too much to have him spend too much time with us. I wonder if doctors realize how venerable you are to them and then they usher you in and out like cattle. We treat our cows better than that!
So before we left I wanted the boys to have their hair cut. They were starting to look fuzzy. I had done Jeremy's already and was hurrying to get Steele done, of course he is complaining and not wanting to hold still. So I was so focused on just getting it done in a hurry. I usually just use the clippers with a guard on them so I don't get it too short and it is fool proof that way.
NOT!!! You have to make sure you didn't use the clippers last on a cat that had an abcess and take the guard off. UGH! Of course I started on the front and just buzzed the crap out of it. And then screamed in horror at what I had just done and knowing there really in no way I could fix it. I had flashbacks of the time Sage gave herself a mullet just about a year ago now.
In the picture above Jeremy was just trying to even it up so there isn't an obvious line.
The funniest part was in the doctors office when I gave Steele my compact mirror to keep him occupied while we were waiting to see the doctor. You should have seen his face when he saw what I had done to his hair! It was hilarious!!! Oh man I wish I had pictures of that!
Anyway, the news from the doctor was that he does not want him to start physical therapy yet. He says he thinks Jeremy is plenty motivated to rehab it and he thinks he will push too hard just yet. So we are scheduled to see him again in a month. No use of the arm still. They took an x-ray but never said what that was for. They weren't too good about answering questions, he has a big ego. I just hope he is a good surgeon and the surgery is successful in the end.

1 comment:

Acton Buff said...

Brandie,
I completely understand the doctors office thing. We have spent so much time in the last twenty years at doctors offices. There are very few that are good about getting you in on time and giving you the comfort of knowing that all your questions and concerns were answered. The only doctor I have never had a problem is with my OB/GYN. But I HATE going there. Not because of the DR just because of the ...well you know.

Nice doo Steele. Not to worry, ast least your hair will grow fast and you are the coolest one in the house.

Keep us up to date on the shoulder progress. Tell Jeremy I rode Lil' Joe for the first time in the round pen. Just like Jeremy said, he isn't gonna be a problem. The only problem so far is keeping him moving. He just wants to stand there.
Talk to you soon,
Buffy