Saturday, July 25, 2009

Looking back.....

So here we are in the recovery. We knew this would be the hard part. How on earth do you stay idle and do nothing on a place like this? You go to the antique store and buy books to learn spanish. My husband is a freak! He has been reading for days now. He is driving me c-r-a-z-y!!! I guess there are worse things! So we are holding up reasonable well. It is not easy to chase him and the kids around making sure they are not doing things they shouldn't!
I am bored tonight, and loving it by the way. Being bored I mean. So I have been looking through old pictures and found this one. It was taken two days after Jeremy had dislocated his shoulder and probably a half hour before he did it again. The date was May 3rd and we were branding our calves. You can see him wearing the brace if you look real close. It is his left arm that has been the problem. Ewwwww, I just noticed the blood on his shirt. It is not his, just in case anyone was worried. The horse is Flash a gelding we raised. He is out of my TB mare that I rode in our wedding, and that I recently lost. He is by our QH stallion. He is Two Eyed Jack and Poco Pine bred. This was his first time in the branding pen and he did really well. I was supporting the horse while he held a calf (and hoping and praying he would handle the pressure). I loved Jeremy's smile in the picture.
It seems that all I have done lately is remind myself how it could be worse. It could be worse. It could be worse.............we will get through this.

No comments: