Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Sandbox

So today started out with the normal chores. The same chores I am grateful for Jeremy or Paul usually doing.....but Jeremy is obviously recovering from his surgery and Paul is in school all this week so it is all me, weeeeee!

While I was wrestling with the water Jeremy was trying to find ways to keep the kids occupied. He decided he wanted to make a sandbox for them to play in since Steele keeps digging holes right in the front yard. Not fun when you come home after dark and trip in them! I tried to tell him the cats are just going to crap in it. He called me an idea crusher. Butthead..........

Meanwhile, I made him swear he would not overdo it while I went to start the pump to fill the water tank. This is the rope I have to climb down to get down into the creek where the pump and well is. The guys have cut stairs into the wall but it is still about five feet down.

This is the creekbed where the well is. You can sortof see the path through the willows that you have to hike to get there. I always make sure I am wearing boots to go down in there. Jeremy was standing right on a snake one day when he went to start the pump. That scares the hell out of me. Especially since there really isn't much working/running room down there!


Sorry about the smudge in this picture. I had sunscreen on the lens............anyhow, this is where Jeremy would tie horses when he would ride them down in there to start the pump. That way the horses are exposed to lots of different stuff while they were here in training. Climbing down into a tight space, sometimes through water, being patient and hearing the noise of the pump. Kind of like killing a bunch of birds with one stone...........or something like that.


This is what I found when I got back. So I ask Sage, cause I know she will give him up, "did Daddy unload the bucket of the tractor with the shovel by himself?"
"YES! he did!" she says..............
UGH!!!
If any of you has the spare time, please call and yell at him so it is not just me!!!!!


1 comment:

Acton Buff said...

Jeremy...BAD! BAD boy!!! Heal, don't ruin it.

Oh and by the way, Brandie, um, you are right, party pooper or not.We had a huge sand box when we were kids and the only way to keep the kitties out was to cover it. They just thought it was the coolest thing to have such a large litter box available at their disposal (get it?).