Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some of our Favorite People

Our family has ALOT of favorite people in our lives. Jim and Linda Elder are some of them. Jeremy and I have come to look very forward to Wednesays when Linda comes and rides with Jeremy and Jim comes along to help me unload firewood and stack it on the porch. And laugh at whatever silly thing the kids are doing. They love us and enjoy being around us and we feel the same for them. When I went to look for some neat pictures to post today since I didn't actually take any today I found these from a couple of Wednesdays ago and I can't believe I didn't post them before. Doesn't that silly little Arab look so great and relaxed. Linda has worked very hard at improving her riding and relationship with her horse, Shabba.
Oh, and I forgot to mention how the snake had gotten stuck in the toliet hole the other day. The darn thing had made it's way through the raunchy old pipe and into the septic tank and had tied itself in a knot. Poor Jeremy had to stick his hand in there and untie it to get it out. There was no other way, all while having the flu.............I kept reminding him not to chew his nails. Barf......
Linda and Shabba

Jeremy and Lakota

Posing for me before leaving for a ride over the hill.

So I have big plans for tomorrow. We have a prospective buyer for a horse coming from Paso Robles area and I just hate bringing people up that darn dirt road and it is in bad shape right now. So I plan to wrestle the kids in the truck and drag the road in the morning. Then I have to get going on some painting around here. I need to finish painting the ceiling in the kitchen. I need to repaint the trim in the living room. I let Jeremy pick the trim color and usually he is better at those kinds of decisions but this time it looks like I rubbed one of Steele's poopy diapers on the wall so it must go. I need to primer the bathroom so we can put new flooring in. And I want to clean the kids room so I can put Steele's new bedding on his bed. I really need to put the clothes away too. The new joke around here is going to be "you know your a redneck when you use laundry baskets instead of a dresser."

No comments: