Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The dreaded bathroom

So here is the dreaded bathroom. As you can see it needs some serious help. I have been holding steadfast that I would not work on the bathroom until the kitchen is done. Well...............since the septic pipe troubles I have decided to gut the bathroom NOW. This is what it looked like before I started. Like the linoleum (sp?). I am ready to barf seafoam green. I think the people that were here before must have gotten a really good deal on a bunch of it. It is everywhere. It was in the kitchen before I painted it yellow. I was in the living room before I painted it buckskin. Now this bathroom. I never really noticed it too much until now. I ripped out the linoleum today and soaked and mopped the floor. I plan to tear out that ugly, water damaged sink cabinet probably Thursday. On Friday I am supposed to pick up an antique vanity I bought for my bedroom. I need to get my hair stuff and makeup out of the kitchen once and for all. So I plan to go by another antique store in town and buy a sink on it's own stand. I think it will look much better and make the room look bigger. I think at some point I may need to repaint the bathtub but first off I will wash and paint the walls. Then I think we will put down a wood floor of some sort. Just in case any of you have a better idea about the floor I am completely open to it. Or any other suggestions for that matter.

No comments: