Friday, January 30, 2009

Sage and Chico

This little fluff ball is a baja horse (http://www.bajahorse.com/) we are trying out for the kids. Our friend Kim brought him for someone else to ride at our practice roping a couple of weeks ago and Jeremy was so impressed with him we decided to try him out for the kids. Sage has so much darn confidence and we don't want her to loose it so we need something pretty darn solid. Of course around here it is like the shoe maker. All our horses don't get rode enough since Jeremy is so busy riding everyone else's horses. So we needed something pretty used up. Chico here seems to be fitting the bill pretty good. Sage had a good time on him so hopefully she can run amuck on him and then later Steele can and she can graduate to something with a bigger engine. She decided she needed some of daddy's coffee in this picture and managed to get him sideways up next to where it was sitting on the fence. She always insists on wearing her spurs so my compromise is she has to wear her brain bucket.
Oh, on another note. Some of you might be able to appriciate this story. We were driving home from Grandma and Grandpa's house a couple of nights ago and we were going kind of slow on the dirt road. We had a colt in the trailer we were bringing home for Jeremy to show to some prospective buyers. They had been really good kids all day so I had stopped at the mini market and got them an ice cream on the way home. She was sitting in the middle seat up front with me. I guess she was getting bored and so she got the bright idea to let me smell her fingers and showed them up my nostrils and said "smell this mommy!" Of course in my surprise I inhale and couldn't quite make out the smell but knew it couldn't be good. I say to her "ewwwww Sage! WHAT IS THAT?!?!" Giggling she says to my horror "it is my butt and ice cream!" Apparentley she had gotten an itch sometime after she had eaten her ice cream. I think she was pretty proud of herself the little turd! And today while we had some time to kill before I took them to the Dr. for this cold we cannot get rid of I say to Steele "there will be NO POOPING behind the slide, Okay?" I sure wish you could have seen his cute, funny face when he assured me he would not................. Goodnight!

No comments: