Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Patience please?

So something is going wrong with my computer or connection or something so that I cannot download pictures so instead you get a story..........hope you all don't mind!
Do you ever have those days when you just have that feeling you shouldn't leave the house? I had that feeling today.............and I didn't listen.
I had told a friend I would neuter a couple of cats for her and my dad had a bunch of bottles he wanted to me to take and recycle. Thanks for keeping us in groceries in this tough time dad! Anyway, I headed to Tehachapi to run a few other quick errands. I told Jeremy I would take the kids with me even though we are both going stark raving crazy lately. He really needed a break, he has been trying to "build up stamina" the last couple of days and his arm was hurting him pretty good today. Needless to say he had no patience. I told him not to worry I would pull more patience and understanding out of my butt and we would have fun. Besides they are just being kids. I always try and remind myself that at least they are healthy do not have some terminal illness when I feel like going crazy! Well, Steele fell asleep as soon as we headed out. Going to Tehachapi we must travel 12 miles to the pavement. Sage and I were having a fun time talking and singing with the radio. We got to the pavement and we heard a "POP!". I asked Sage "what was that?!" thinking that maybe something in the back of the truck has hit the cab maybe??? A couple of second later it was apparent that it was something and we had a flat tire. Of course we were in a place where the signal is wandering and I was having trouble getting ahold of anyone so I thought what the heck, I can change a damn tire! I wasn't exactly dressed for it but that didn't matter sitting on the side of the road. I told Sage to stay in her seat and I was going to get to changing it. I got the jack out and started getting it up and then thought that I should probably loosen the nuts before the tire rolled around. It was then I discovered the thingy was too small and wouldn't be any help in loosening the bolts. Argh!
No big deal, I think. I will call someone to bring a star wrench. Of course the phone decided not to work again. After sitting a minute hoping someone would stop with a damn star wrench I figured I had better wake Steele up and walk to the call box or I would sit there all day. I get half way there when the sheriff shows up. He didn't have a star wrench but my phone started working and I got ahold of my dad. So he dutifully comes a running with the star wrench.
The. damn. thing. did. not. fit!!! So he runs back home to get some more tools. The kids and I walk back to the truck and sit inside with the air on singing songs and having bubble wars with our gum waiting for grandpa. He got back with what we needed and we went to taking the flat off. I would get the wrench arranged and he would step on it. Darned if the dang thing didn't fling off once and hit me right on my big toe!!! I think I might get my first purple toe! And my pedicure is ruined! And I cried! Well, we got the dumb thing changed and I got to the tire store just before they closed. It was ruined and could not be patched. Never fails..........we do not have money for new tires that we desperately need right now. Thank you Lord for our health.
They are able to find a used tire and slap that on. We run to the auto parts store where I have to practically verbally assault the man behind the counter to get him to help me. What is it with customer service these days?! We got a one inch socket and the other thingies to make sure we have it next time and a air freshener cause Jeremy's truck smells like ass. We head over to make a marothon run through the grocery store cause we are late to the nut cutting party. Oh yeah somewhere in there I got the kids an ice cream cause they were pretty darn close to angels though it all. And Steele took a poop on the side of the road while we changed the tire.............to much information?
Back to my story. Then we headed to my friend's to neuter the cats and one of them only has one nut! Man! I call the guys and tell them they had better cook for themselves tonight cause I was the kiss of death and whatever I might be able to cook probably would give them buttrot with my luck today...........I neuter the other cat and head home glad for the adventure to be over. I had a minor disagreement with Steele and called him a name I am still beating myself up over it but for the most part I thankfully did find just a little more patience somewhere in my behind today. Amen......

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Sometimes you just have one of those days...... I'm sure the Lord gives them to us just to test us. Yay for the sherrif showing up, which started everything rolling. Patience is a hard fought virtue sometimes.