Sunday, August 23, 2009

I lost my pants!

We are just getting home and settling down from a full weekend of lessons at two different locations. We had a great time in Agoura Hills on Saturday and today we were at Moonraker Ranch closer to home.
My dad planned to meet us there and take the kids to the park and then to lunch so I could be available to help Jeremy so that he was not over working his arm. Mostly he doesn't need to take ahold of someone's horse but sometimes the need arises.
Our first lesson was with a friend MaryJo, her husband Norm brought his mule along. Somewhere along the line visiting he says he was hoping to talk me into riding her for a bit to help give her some more experience but I showed up looking like a city girl! I was wearing a skirt and sandals.......yeah I know I can't be very helpful dressed like that but it was a late night on Saturday and I was tired getting ready this morning. Katie, the owner of the ranch says "well I have plenty of pants and probably some extra boots." After figuring out we wear the same size shoe and hoping for the best on the pants I was redressed and ready to go. So Lucy the mule was already saddled and ready to go waiting patiently tied to the trailer so I put my skirt that I had been wearing in the back of their truck thinking surely I would remember to get it when I took Lucy back to the trailer......
So after MaryJo's lesson the three of us headed out for a quick ride. We all had a good time and another friend Linda agreed to keep an eye on Jeremy. We round the corner and damn it if Jeremy doesn't have ahold of the horse. Apparently they were pretty much done with the lesson and the horse had an issue with the trailer. He was one of the most beautiful Arabians I have seen. Big, tall, big boned, big feet, steele grey. He was plain handsome.
I didn't want Jeremy to be using that darn arm so Norm came and took Lucy for me and I made myself available to help with the grey horse (I wish I knew his name). Don't tell anyone but I love working horses with Jeremy. It just feels like we really connect and can just flow together without even having to talk. I love it.
Anyway, back to my story! We finish with the grey horse and get him loaded. He had an issue with getting his hind end in the trailer, what truly bothered him was backing out. So therefore he was afraid to get in too because of course he would have to back out once he was in. Of course he would throw a big fit, rearing up and all, making it look real scary to his owner. And she needed to be more assertive with him. More of a leader I guess some would say. So handsome boy was loaded and then I had grandpa to relieve, Jeremy's water bottle to fill, oh, and I guess getting him some lunch since I forgot to schedule him a lunch break would probably be nice too..........
The kids were raising heck and wanting to go swimming and I wanted them in the pool! We didn't have time to bathe them from the day before and boy were they filthy! Away we go to the pool and MaryJo and Norm packed up and headed home somewhere in the midst of all this.
It wasn't until later when I returned Katie's pants and went to get dressed again out of the pool that I realized my skirt was heading to Green Valley!!!
Thankfully I did have my bathing suit but even in my skinny days I didn't like to run around in the thing! So I draped one of the kids' towels around me and ran around like that the rest of the day. Of course feeling the need to explain to everyone why I wasn't dressed more appropriately. I am surprised Jeremy didn't tell me on the way home how it just doesn't sound good when you start off with "I lost my pants"! He probably knew it wouldn't go over well.

No comments: