Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roping

This was this morning when Jeremy headed out to gather so we could rope. I had driven down and fixed one of our signs and then headed up the hill knowing he was by himself and we didn't have much time before people would be showing up. So I drove up a few miles to see if they were by the upper pond so he wouldn't have to ride all the way up there. Finally I located the cows and let Jeremy know where they Trusty Kate and Jessie with him.
This cute new bull calf makes all our hard work worth it. There is nothing like finding a new calf on the wet grass..........his momma brought him in after we had gathered the rest of the herd this morning. I think she was teaching him how to sneak into the feed barn!

Check out the big ol fat cow pony, Ojos holding the rope. He is a pretty nice boy. I sure wish he would get over being so touchy of other people around though. I will hang a note on his corral. I am sure he will get right on it.

Nice loop in the air, can't remember if it caught or not. I am not that into roping. I can enjoy it sometimes, but I was thrown into the fire with this lifestyle. Not that I am complaining but I can go in and get a job done but I get bored roping over and over without having a job to do. Besides I had to be available to help the vet cut a colt we have sold this morning in the midst of the roping day. Thank goodness that colt finally had brain surgery! I was going to kill him! Jeremy will put 30 more days on him and then he is off to his new home! Yeah!

Can you believe that dirty face?! Him and Sage played outside all day. Happy as pie to be in the dirt with his tractors.

My sweet girlie with Gator the cat. He is the silliest cat. I bottle fed him when he was a baby so I think that is why he is nutty. He will sit on the calves while we have them roped and on the ground branding. Just sit up on top of them wrinkling his nose at the smoke. He provides plenty of entertainment for people when they come over.

That is Joe with his rope in the air and Lane on the head.

Jeremy and Beverly on her sweet mule.

No comments: