Friday, February 27, 2009

More branding day pics

Here is the pen of horses that looked on while we branded. In the front is Poco, Glo (Sid's filly) os on the right, Chico's butt is showing while he eats, and the black head you can see is Paul's mare that came out of the mountains in Tehachapi. We are pretty sure she has a baby in her belly so Paul has been working hard to get her gentled. She is coming along real nice.

I thought these mountains were so pretty with the clouds coming over. This is looking to the northwest of where we were working. Do you like how I said "we" were working. I was very spoiled yesterday and didn't have to help.

My girlie, she wanted to help real bad and I just didn't want her to get hurt since it was all mostly in the chute so I said no not today. She responded sadly and said "well, don't any of them need their nuts cut out?" She kills me! I wish there were some for her but not this time.

Moving em up to the chute. Isn't it great I got to just take pictures and hang?! It was great, and then I came in the house and fed everybody lunch and went to sleep!

No comments: