Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Lodge

This cute building is what is called the Lodge. It is just a couple of miles to the north of us. Not so long ago one of the guys that has a cabin up there though he was doiong a good thing and cleared a ton of brush and old buildings that had falled down and he buried all of it. I have been having fits in my sleep about it ever since. Not that it is any of my business, but I just love the history the whole place has. The front of this building used to be a porch covered with Virginia Creeper until the man got too close to the front of the building with the bull dozer. It was in need of repair before but now it just looks like a heap of junk on the front. A few nights ago I had a dream we cleaned it up and repaired the roof and opened a cafe in it. We just served breakfast on the weekends. I told Sage and Jeremy about it and now Sage is coloring signs and menus. Of course the structure doesn't even belong to me so why would I put a bunch of money into it much less do I have permission.........but I have been brainstorming ideas about getting everyone in the area to pitch in and fix it up, just a bit to make it a common meeting place for everyone to use. It probably will never happen but it never hurts to dream.



No comments: