Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rascal under the table

It is just a darn shame I don't have of picture of the story I am about to share.........So tonight we had a Christmas dinner with our friends Jim and Linda. Sage was a doll as usual and Steele is still struggling through the terrible threes. I don't know what they were talking about when they said terrible twos. They were nothin. So after our meal and two trips to the back room with the little muffin. Both kids had gone into the living room to play with their new toys. The adults visited at the table. There was a small table where the kids were playing that had appetizers and candy on it. Steele was refusing to eat and I only managed to get a few bites in him and he was told he could not have dessert if he did not eat. I thought I was so smart and took the tray of candies to the table where we were sitting. It is one of those moments when they are too quite and I should have know he was up to something. Kind of like the time when Sage cut her beautiful long hair to the scalp. He played and played under the table and we visited. Then the little rascal emerged with a ring around his mouth. So I say to him, "what are you doing down there" He says to me "I dunno". Well, that little rat had stock piled the candy down there under the table at some point in the evening and was enjoying his loot. I think the actual moment I completely noticed was when he offered one of the other guests a candy sandwich with the miniature sourdough bread. I heard him say, "what is in that, candy?". That's right, that is when I noticed the incrimentating ring around his mouth. Now that is a story I will be telling his wife one day.

No comments: