Sunday, January 3, 2010

There was alot of action in my bed last night......

We were all pretty tired after a long day and the clinic yesterday. We had stopped at the post office and had another disk from the Deadwood series we are addicted to. Steele was so worn out riding his bike all day he crashed in the truck just about the time we hit the first gate. I knew this would me he would be up early but I had no idea........
Jeremy had missed his dog so we had Kate and Priss in the house with us and of course they thought they should all be camped out on the bed too. Kate doesn't usually sleep inside because she always has to go out to potty at about 4am. And you know I wake Jeremy up to let his own dog out! I just cannot get up and make the trek down those stairs and to the door and back up without waking up completely that close to morning. Jeremy on the other hand can fall back asleep anywhere anytime anyhow. So he can get up darn it!
The moon was still shining bright in the window. I thought about covering it but that would take too much energy. Just about the time I had drifted off to sleep the dogs started barking. On the bed. So of course I jerk up and for a second am terrified that someone just came up the stairs and we don't have a gun in the bedroom. I plan the change that tonight! Then all of a sudden I hear the sound of Steele wailing.
It was Steele coming to get in bed with us. Which by the way he never does. He usually will just lay in his bed yelling for me to come get him. Sage was the sneaker, when she was younger she was a master at sneaking in bed with us. Not Steele he prefers the whole house awake with him.
So the dogs barking at him, well it was more of a bark and then they were going to rip whatever's throat out that it was, it scared him and he was crying. He is a sensitive boy you know. So we got the dogs settled and I got Steele cuddled up and calmed down.
I had just drifted off to sleep again when Priss tried to jump back on the bed and Kate must have gotten woke up and she snarled at her...........argh!
So there I was wedged in between Kate, Priss and Steele. All the while Jeremy is snuggled up all cozy on his side of the bed. *sigh*
Just as I drift back to sleep again Steele is awake........I am sure I got a couple hours sleep but it sure doesn't seem like it. Steele has to go pee and needs a flash light to see where he is going. Being the flashlight king he is you would think he would know where one is but no not my luck this morning. So I carry him down stairs to go to the bathroom. We get snuggled back up and after awhile he says "I am going to my bed". So soon?!
He procedes to wake up his sister and wants to know where his game is. It was still in the truck and since I figure I am not going to get to go back to sleep anyway I might as well get up and unload the truck from yesterday. Well, God forbid you wake up the goats and don't feed them right away.........and the damn cats........ahhhh the damn cats. I don't know why anyone keeps cats. I feed them all and decide since I am up I will do some laundry. There is no water!
Dang it! Sundays shouldn't start out this way!!! So why I am sitting here on the computer and not out starting the pump I just don't know. I thought I should at least let Jeremy get some sleep afterall he worked hard yesterday.
Please wish me luck with the rest of the day. And I am thankful my little rascal is healthy and happy enough to be raising so much heck!

3 comments:

Mikey said...

Lol, I SO hear you. Even when you're supposed to be sleeping, with kids and animals, it doesn't happen.
Would write more, but must go deal with my own screaming mimi. Ahhh, children...grrr

Shirley said...

Oh, boy, you have your hands full! I'm sure you'll remember why you have cats the next time you see a mouse....lol!

Janice said...

Sounds rough. I wonder why I have cats too, all they do is eat(Supplied food) and hunt my beautiful little Blue birds.