Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our 5yr. Anniversary here on the Broken Arrow Ranch

So yesterday was our five year anniversary here at the ol Broken Arrow Ranch. I cannot believe I have survived here that long. I owe huge thanks to so many people for helping me tough it out with the man I fell in love with.........the crazy man who has so much stay in him. I can't tell you how many times I threatened to move back to town and asked him what we were doing here. Why we were working ourselves to the bone. Everytime his answer was " nothing worth having comes easy". Plain and simple. That was my answer and now that we are five years into this deal I don't know that I could ever move anywhere near town. I am ruined of town life. It would just feel like vacationing. I love it here. Our sactuary in the hills. Our peace and quiet in this crazy world. Yes, we make alot of sacrifices but in this nutty world I think it is worth it in the end for our kids to be raised in a place like this and will appriciate the their lives that much more.
I can only hope and pray they will want to continue what we are building when they are grown.
I want to add so much more to this post to commererate the occasion but in an effort to stay afloat I have started working with a large animal vet and am tired....I am lucky I even got to mention the anniversary............
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, Jeremy gives good advice, and you have a wonderful place to live and raise your children. Things that come easy aren't nearly as appreciated as that which you work for.

Acton Buff said...

I hear you. It must have been hard at moments (months). Raising your kids there away from "it all" is awesome. I grew up on a farm miles from stuff. We had each other and the animals for entertainment, very little tv. I in some ways I regret that we didn't raise our kids this way. But it's what we had and did. I see my daughter striving to keep her life simple and away from the "city" life for daughter. So ultimately my way of life had rubbed off at least on her.
Happy Anniversary!