Friday, January 15, 2010

Something is terribly out of place.......

Have you ever been in a situation where something just isn't right?
So on Fridays Sage had enrichment classes in Tehachapi. I love Fridays. It forces me to slow down and spend the day doing kids stuff. I really look forward to individual time with Steele. He is so darn cute and funny in his own way. I love seeing him talk to other people. So darn cute. Sage attends classes in the morning and then Steele and I join her for lunch and storytime. During storytime kids can sign up the previous time for show and tell. One certain little girl who routinely cracks me up anyhow, we will call her Katie, brought her pet for show and tell. It was one of those little bug container thingys. I remember seeing the cage over my shoulder as I was eating. Didn't think much of it. So at some point cute little Katie decides to unleash her beast. It was a freaking stinkbug!!!! A huge freaking stinkbug!!!! I hate stinkbugs!!!! I fell in love with my peacocks even more when I saw them eat stinkbugs!!!
Oh Lordy......she is carting the thing all over the class and now a crowd of kids have gathered and want to "pet" it. Well, after the teacher calmed a few of them and reasured them she knew she had it and yes it was a pet.......I am just sure this thing is going to somehow land on my back, crawl up my back and suck my brains out............I am seriously thinking of a way I could justify leaving without looking obvious. And you know if little Katie saw the terror in my face she would bring "Jack" over and ask if I wanted to pet him........oh gosh. I can hardly think about it.
The teacher distracted me long enough to tell me a couple of storys about it. How Katie accidently stepped on him one morning and he is now one leg lighter. Katie was on the florr apologizing to him over and over. How Jack rides around on her NOSE!!!! Her cute little nose!!! Oh my gosh, I can hardly take another minute and then it was time for storytime to start and she had to put the creature away.
THANK GOODNESS FOR SMALL FAVORS!!!
I could have died!


No comments: