Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I really need a shower!

I am sorry about more darn cow pictures............I need a pick me up after the crazy day we have all had. This picture makes me happy. The beautiful clouds, piles of calves everywhere in the sunshine, and fat happy cows.

So this morning Jeremy was up and at em before the sun was even up and I was........well, I was sleeping darn it. The kids were happily sleeping so so was I. Anyway back to my story.........I hear the familiar sound of his boots on the stairs and I am trying to decide whether to pretend I am asleep and then fling my eyes open at the last minute and scare the crap out of him or just try and be sweet and say good morning "normally". He usually comes back up to the house to fill his coffee cup and then will come upstairs and say good morning, I love it when he does and for some reason always want to be playful and onery. ( I just asked him how to spell onery and he said B-R-A-N-D-I-E, how rude) Back to the story for the second time..... Before he even gets to the top I hear him say "baby, I need your help". I IMMEDIATLEY fly out of bed hoping he says it is a calf that needs pulled or something to that effect. But you know that tone of voice when you know it is worse than that. He says "I dislocated my shoulder again". My hands fly to my face "NO!" Oh yeah, he sure enough had. I say "I gotta pee before I can do anything" and run downstairs as fast as I could trying not to barf. So I get back up and say "are you really sure you want me to try and put it back?!?!" Yes was the answer darn it. The doctors had gone over with me how to do it back when he originally dislocated it a year ago. Do you think I remembered?! Nope, I had hoped and prayed I wouldn't ever have to. It is only 7am when this took place so I am trying to figure out what to do when I can't get it done. I was so afraid to hurt him worse...........ugh. I called Jim and Linda up to ask her about it and had she ever done it. She was a nurse all her life, now retired. She says well I haven't but come over and we will try and at least that way you are closer to the doctor. Doctor...........that souded good to me! So we drag the kids out of bed and throw them in the car. I barely remember to brush my teeth, forgetting deoderant and a bra of all things.......
Jeremy had been getting ready to trim my horse Cody when it happened so we had to get his halter off before we left. He had reached through the fence to get a tool and that is how it dislocated. Not even a good war story. So we were heading out and I had some tylenol in the glove box and I thought he had better take some just to help when I spot the muscle relaxers that the smartest woman on earth, Sallie had given us awhile back. So we had him take them too to help relax the muscles. What a great help that turned out to be! We get to Jim and Linda's and they try without success. Jim feeds the kids for me while I am still wanting to toss my cookies. I think I am getting soft! I had grabbed the phone book before leaving home and was calling the Urgent care and the doctors offices. None of them opened til 9am! We knew if we went to the ER they would just leave us sitting til well after that anyway so by now it was 8:20am so we just loaded up the kids and we headed to our family doctor figuring we would be there by the time they opened. Linda followed us in her car so she could watch and know how to do it next time. We get to the doctors office and the doctor wasn't due in til 10:30am!!!!! The nurse is the coolest ever and she said "I can't touch you but if she (Linda) wants to do it I will talk her through it" So back they went and got it done! It was so funny, you could hear the nurse screaming cause she was so happy Linda got it done. We also think that is where the muscle relaxers really helped cause by then they had really kicked in. I told Jeremy he was going to have to walk the rest of the way to the doctor if he didn't stop singing and trying to dance in the car on the way. Those things make you goofy! Once his shoulder is put back he feels so much better of course so since we were already in town we ran a bunch of errands and finally got home just a bit ago. Where does the shower come in you ask? Well, I really needed one yesterday but was so tired and not really feeling well (I have been having alot of cramps and pain, I am sure it is stress) so I didn't get it done. I thought, I'll get in in the morning..............you can bet the minute my feet hit the front door tonight my butt was in the shower!

On another note, to help explain the stress I mentioned earlier we found a new truck. It is an incredible deal and we really really need a truck. We have been basically without for about two years now. Everytime we have to haul anything we have had to borrow Sid and Sallie's truck and while they are happy to do it and we are very grateful to have that option, we really need our own. The problem has been of course money and not being able to get another vehicle loan. If we traded in our Jeep then we could have but we really think it would be a good idea to keep the Jeep too so that we are not tearing up a truck on this road we live on. This truck we found happens to be a great deal and to spare a long detailed story we have some wonderful friends that are helping out and we are going to look at it on Friday and hopefully if it checks out we will bring it home. But needless to say I am stressing that business will continue and we will be able to make our bills. I need to learn to let go...............God will provide I know but it feels like we are not taking enough responsibility on our own if I let go completely...............

As if this post isn't long enough and the world is not spinning enough............we have a funeral to attend tommorrow. I can hardly write about it, it is so awful............
The gal that watches the kids for us sometimes has a beautiful little girl that Steele says he is going to marry when he grows up. She had a handsome baby boy a few months ago. God must have needed another angel and now the baby is back with Him. My heart aches for our gal (the babies mother, I just don't feel right mentioning their names but most of you probably know who I am talking about). Please be praying for the family. I can't even imagine the pain they are feeling.

No comments: