Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Pokey

I am sitting up waiting on Jeremy tonight as I write this. He is braiding his first bosal with the hides he saved and cut into strips himself, from the steers we just butchered. I posted these pictures days ago and never wrote anything so since I am bored I figured now is the time!
Yes, that is my Poco I am riding. I wore her plum out that day. Jeremy and I had to finish cleaning up the mess from a couple of weeks ago when I left the gate open. We called our dear friend Diana to hang with the kids and we headed out. We were done within the first two hours and just decided to keep riding. Check some calves or something. In this picture we heard dirtbikers and were running to catch up to where they would come out. All day long we did that. They were everywhere! It didn't take long before the colts were getting kind of amped up when the heard the engines, waiting for our cues to take off running again! It was pretty funny. I told Jeremy he could use it as a new technique on getting horses over being spooked of them. Track em like cows..........I doubt it will take off!
We played in the snow, just cause we could. The dogs looked like they were having too much fun I though I would join them. Jeremy even shot off of his horse and neither one of the horses thought anything of it. I love a good old ranch raised colt!
Prissy got into a ton of trouble when she took off after a jack rabbit and would not listen when I was screaming at her to come back. We were heading for home by then and the horses thought we were more than cruel when we had to head the other way running again after the darn dog. I am pretty sure Flash's little habit of running off is cured! He was begging to quit running!
I thought I was never going to see my dog again! I think I love that darn dog too much!


3 comments:

Mikey said...

COOL pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Is that your baby girl Poco? I'm sure glad you got to keep her. Neat pictures. I need to pick your brain about how to add pictures, my blog is very boringly all text right now.

Shirley said...

Looks like that mare can really get out and walk. Loves me a fast walking horse.